Friday 3 December 2010

Section 4: Audience Research.

Media Questionnaire-
1.       What gender are you:
Male                Female
                       


2.       How old are you?

3.       What is you favourite sub-genre? (i.e. Crime/disaster/medical)

4.       Do you prefer the Hero to be male or female?
         Male                Female
                                                                 

5.       What is your favourite kind of thriller?
Criminal           stalker        police       other.
                                                                                                                                                       
6.       What is you favourite colour and why?

7.       Name one thriller you have seen and enjoyed?


8.       Do you prefer modern or classic thrillers?

9.       Would you rather watch and why?
12            15          18

 10.   How often do you watch thrillers?

11.   Would you rather see…
Blood and guts           clever mind games
      



12.   Would you rather…
Adult actor’s           child actor’s              both






13.   Do special effects make thrillers more interesting?

14.   Would you prefer a?
Happy ending            bad/sad ending          adrenaline rush
              

15.   What type of narrative do you like? (i.e. plot twists/ romance)


16.    Would you rather the plot was explained or challenge the audience?


17.   Would you rather a well known actor or actress plays the lead roll?

18.   What do you expect a thriller to do to you/ make you feel?
Excited?            Scared?              Nervous?                
19.   If you had a choice to set a thriller anywhere, where would it be?
 House              Forest            Outdoors           Other
                                                                                                                                           
20.   Do you prefer music with lyrics or to be more instrumental?

21.   Do you think a thriller has to involve death to be interesting?


22.   What is your worst fear and why?

23.   Do you prefer the Villain to be male or female?

Male                Female
Results from questionnaire.


Question 1.
What gender are you?
Male- 13
Female- 17
Looking at my graph I can clearly see that more females have answered my questionnaire than males meaning that it would be biased towards females and what they would rather see.





Question 2.
How old are you?
15-18= 28
19-25= 0
26-30= 0
31-35= 0
36-39= 0
40+= 2
Looking at my graph I can see that my film would be biased toward the younger age group as that is the age most people answered at, but that has worked out well as that was the target age for my audience.


Question 4.
What is your preferred main character?
Male- 17
Female- 13
Looking at my results I can see that out of the people who answered that most people would rather see a male play the main character, however it was a close call.




Question 5.
What is your favourite kind of thriller?
Criminal- 16
Stalker- 8
Police- 3
Other- 5
When looking at my results I see that most of my participants would rather watch a crime-based drama. So when I make my thriller I need to make sure it contains an element of crime.  



Question 8.
Do you prefer modern or classic thrillers?
Modern- 17
Classic- 13
I can see that my results are rather close so I need to make sure I make it more modern but add a bit of a classical element to appeal to a wider audience.



Question 10-
Would you rather watch..?
12- 0
15- 25
18-5
Most of the people I asked would rather watch a 15, which is good for me because I am only 16 and wouldn’t want to incorporate the 18 elements as it won’t be keeping within the age range and target audience.

 
Question 12.
Would you prefer..?
Blood and guts- 16
Clever mind games- 14
Again my results are very close so I must make sure a add an element of both to please my audience.



Question 13.
Would you rather..?
Adult actors- 14
Child actors- 6
Both- 10
I think when making my film I would use both so that way I please the wide audience and then it won’t be biased towards one decision.


Question 15.
Would you rather see..?
Happy ending-5
Sad/bad ending- 15
Adrenaline rush- 10
Looking at my results more people want to see a bad or sad ending so I will be following that but also adding some elements of an adrenaline rush to please more people.


Question 17.
Would you rather the plot was explained or to challenge the audience?
Explained- 11
Challenge- 19
I can see that most of the people I asked would rather the plot challenged them and wasn’t explained. However I think I will mix these two so I have a wider audience range.


Question 18.
Would you like to see a well known actor/actress play the lead?
Yes- 16
No- 14
For my film, I will be using a everyday guy/ girl so they wont be well known, however this shouldn’t effect the film.



Question 19.
What do you expect a thriller to do/ make you feel afterwards?
Excite- 7
Scare- 13
Nervous- 10
I think my results a pretty close so I will use this to my advantage and add all 3 into my film.



Question 20.
If you had a choice, would you set a thriller?
House- 13
Forest- 9
Outside- 6
Other- 3
Most people had chosen to set it in a house which works well as that is what are group are hoping to do.



Question 21.
Do you prefer music to have lyrics or be instrumental?
Lyrics- 13
Instrumental- 17
Again most people decided on the instrumental option which I think we will do because it sounds more creep and hopefully will create tension in my opening.



Question 22.
Does a thriller have to involve death to be interesting?
Yes-17
No-13
This works out well for our group as we wish our thriller to be based around a death.



Question 23.
Do you prefer your villain to be male or female?
Male-19
Female- 11
I think for our thriller maybe choosing the male for the lead will give us a wider audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment